The Television Station of Carmel High School

CHTV

CHTV

CHTV

Recent Results
Follow us on Instagram!
View this profile on Instagram

CHTV (@carmeltv) • Instagram photos and videos

CHTV & WHJE win “Emerging Media School of the Year” at annual IASB conference

INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA – On Monday, March 11, 2024, the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters (IASB) announced their 2024 conference winners.

IASB is a statewide award system that features high school and college students and all their achievements in the media world. It is considered to be one of the toughest award systems in the country. ⁣⁣

The IASB award ceremony was hosted at Butler University where CHTV and WHJE students received their awards. ⁣⁣

CHTV has been attending this conference for over ten years! In 2014, CHTV was named Indiana’s #1 High School television station by IASB. Since 2016, CHTV hasn’t won a first-place award at the competition. However, this year, CHTV won several first-place awards, including the title of “Emerging Media School of the Year” along with the radio station, WHJE. Emerging media is one of the 5 divisions schools can win in. To even have your school place in one of these divisions is a difficult task.

“We are beyond excited for our return to first place at IASB since 2016. And placing in first for Emerging Media School of the Year shows that our broadcasting students are really exploring new kinds of content creation,” said CHTV Faculty Adviser, Brandy Ostojic.

This year, CHTV placed in the following categories:

1st Place | Emerging Media School of the Year

1st Place | Best Vodcast – Jack Ringenberg (Media Minds: Episode 1)

2nd Place | Video Spot ProductionCoyer Paradise & Dylan Delise (Kickstart Commerical)

2nd Place | Video Live Sports (Football and Basketball) – CHTV Sports Crew (Football Warren Central)

2nd Place | Motion Graphics – Jessica Dinh (Spotify Promo)

2nd Place | Best PodcastSophie Pongratz (She is…)

3rd Place | Best Student Media WebsiteJack Ringenberg, Aarini Pareek & Selah Kearby (chtvcarmel.com)

Honorable Mention | Video MagazineJack Ringenberg, Maiza Munn & Michael Spech (The Jack Ringenberg Show: Episode 2)

Honorable Mention | Motion Graphics – Coyer Paradise (Graphics Compilation)

Honorable Mention | Video Live Sports (Other) – CHTV Sports Crew (Hockey Senior Show)

CHTV plans on continuing to improve the videos that they produce so that they can win even more awards next year.

Jack Ringenberg

CHTV Head of Website Development

[email protected]

CHTV Press Helpline

[email protected]