The Television Station of Carmel High School

CHTV

CHTV

CHTV

Recent Results
Follow us on Instagram!
View this profile on Instagram

CHTV (@carmeltv) • Instagram photos and videos

Review of CHS’s Track Practice

I went to the Carmel track practice at the football stadium on Monday, March 25th. I went in order to do my review on how effective the practice was for the track athletes. I arrived at the practice by walking with some people I knew that were a part of the team. It was an interesting experience being able to see how the runners prepared and I would go again in order to get more footage. Now it is time to give my insight and how the practice was.

The first thing I’m reviewing is the preparation aspect of the practice. Before actually beginning the running, the runners did stretches prioritizing the stretching of the legs before beginning any jogging or running. There was not one runner who was allowed to go straight into running before stretching, which shows how much the coaching staff cares about the preparation of their runners. I would give this aspect of the practice all 5 stars, as the preparation before running was perfect. Here are some pictures

Track and Field students warming up on a football field Track and Field students warming up on a football field Students doing lunges on a football field

The second aspect of the practice I am reviewing is the organization of the practice. The groups of different runners were organized neatly in different groups following their own schedules so the their individual coaches. As soon as I saw the practice begin the neatly organized groups were the first thing I noticed. I was stumped as I didn’t know where to go because of how the different groups were split up. Because of this it was easy for me to get photos of the groups as time went on and I figured things out. Because of this I would give organization 5 stars as well. If possible I would give it extra stars because of how neat the practice was set up. 

Students running on a track Students running on a track Students huddled up on a football field

The last aspect of the practice I am reviewing is the overall seriousness of it. It felt as if the groups had been used to this already and knew the drill. While the runners smiled and cracked jokes at times, they also knew what needed to be taken seriously. When I arrived I felt the tone and overall mood change from fun to more focused, while also being relaxed in a sense. I feel this environment is a perfect environment for overall success and winning as it allows each runner to feel comfortable in what they are doing. I would also give this aspect 5 stars because execution is the main priority.

A student running on a track A student running on a track Track and Field students warming up on a football field A student running on a track

I feel if someone wants to join Track and Field in upcoming years, it would be a very fun experience for the person just from seeing how practices went after the school day. Thank you for reading.