The Television Station of Carmel High School

CHTV

CHTV

CHTV

Recent Results
Follow us on Instagram!
View this profile on Instagram

CHTV (@carmeltv) • Instagram photos and videos

Learn about the upcoming CHS play, Puffs!

“Puffs” 2023 poster

Carmel High School has an amazing theater department, that I am actually a part of. Every year, CHS’ theater program puts on two school plays. One play takes place in the fall, and the other in the winter. My beat so far has been providing updates on this program, specifically about the fall play being put on November 9-11, 2023. The play is called Puffs and is written by Matt Cox, and this year is being directed by Grant Steckbeck, one of the two theater teachers at Carmel High School. It is a play that is essentially a spin-off of the Harry Potter series. It makes lots of references to the actual series, but this play focuses on the “Hufflepuff” group’s perspective on wizarding, hence the title Puffs. The cast is made up of around 35 students, plus lots of other people involved on the tech side of things. It took months of after-school as well as in-class rehearsals to prepare for this hilarious show. The process for creating a show like this has many steps. Including auditions, then casting the roles, reading through the play as our assigned characters, positioning people on stage and memorizing lines, and then finally we rehearse repeatedly until opening night where we perform 4 shows to the public!